Wycombe Wanderers are on the look out for a dynamic, hard-working porter to join the team.
Main purpose of role
To carry out the smooth set up and assist in the running of the busy Events & Hospitality schedule at Adams Park.
- Room setup and configuration for football matchdays, conferences and events
- Laying and dressing tables as required – to a high standard
- To arrange the movement of furniture, chairs and tables, to specified areas
- Being a point of contact at functions for all clients and guests
- Available to serve food and refreshments during meetings & conferences as required
- Clearing the lounges & Suites following all functions and football matchdays
- Basic cleaning duties
Skills & Qualities
- Smart personal appearance to create a good first impression
- Organised to ensure that tasks are prioritised and completed on time
- High attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure the needs of the client and guests are being met
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with colleagues and clients
- Polite, friendly and helpful
To be successful in this role you must be able to manage various tasks on a daily basis in order to ensure that all hospitality and events operations run smoothly.
The successful candidate must be available to work shifts with flexible schedules to include evenings. Physical strength and endurance is advantageous for moving large items of furniture and working long shifts.
£9.50 per hour with the opportunity for overtime.
Hours Of Work
25 hours per week minimum, hours and days will vary, with the opportunity to work additional overtime.
Wycombe Wanderers Football Club is a growing organisation and seeks to develop the job holder’s skills in a way that benefits both the employee and the company wherever possible.
Applications are being invited by the submission of a current CV (maximum of two sides) and cover letter (maximum one A4 side), via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position you are applying for.
28th January 2022 and with interviews to take place w/c 31st January 2022. Should a suitable candidate be found prior the closing date will be brought forward.
Wycombe Wanderers is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Club from time to time.