Wycombe Wanderers are recruiting for a Club Porter to join the events team, reporting to the Hospitality Manager.
Job Title: Club Porter
The job holder will report directly to the Hospitality Manager
Main Purpose Of The Role:
- To carry out the smooth set up and assist in the running of the busy Events & Hospitality schedule at Adams Park
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following specific functions:
- Room setup and configuration for football match days, conferences and events
- Laying and dressing tables as required – to a high standard
- To arrange the movement of furniture, chairs and tables, to specified areas
- Being a point of contact at functions for all clients and guests
- Available to serve food and refreshments during meetings & conferences as required
- Clearing the lounges & Suites following all functions and football match days
- Basic cleaning duties
To be successful in this role you must be able to manage various tasks on a daily basis to ensure excellent customer service and that our operations run smoothly.
Must be available to work shifts and flexible schedules to include evenings and weekends. Physical strength and endurance is advantageous for moving large items of furniture and working long shifts.
Skills & Qualities
- Smart, personal appearance to create a good first impression
- Organised to ensure that tasks are prioritised and completed on time
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure the needs of the client and guests are being met
- Excellent verbal skills to effectively communicate with co-workers, colleagues and clients
- Polite, friendly and helpful
Hours Of Work
20 hours per week minimum, hours and days will vary, with the opportunity to work additional overtime.
Wycombe Wanderers Football Club is a growing organisation and seeks to develop the job holder’s skills in a way that benefits both the job holder and the company wherever possible.
Applications are being invited by the submission of a current CV (maximum of 2 pages) and Covering Letter (maximum 1 page), to include current remuneration and salary expectations, via e-mail only to Kelly.Rossiter@wwfc.com clearly stating the position you are applying for.
15 October 2021 and with interviews to take place w/c 18th October 2021. Should a suitable candidate be found prior the closing date will be brought forward. Due to the amount of applicants expected to be received, only those short-listed will be notified.
Wycombe Wanderers is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Club from time to time.