Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report: Women's Reserves handed loss in Milton Keynes

A tough day at the office for the Chairgirls Reserves.

29 November 2021

After a long journey and a very cold warm up, the Chairgirls were looking for a fast start against a team they were meeting for the first time.

Things were looking good when in the first 10 minutes, winger Naimh Creighton collected a great through ball from Sally Grimm, only for her to shoot over from close range.

Both teams were sounding each other out and it was the hosts that got the first break in the 22nd minute, smashing a loose ball past keeper Lillie Eames from 20 yards.

MK doubled their lead two minutes later, when Wycombe failed to make a telling challenge and keeper Eames was lobbed from 25 yards.

The Chairgirls looked to get back in the game, with winger Rohanna Myers, shooting wide from a corner on the half hour mark, followed by a free kick on the edge of the box by captain Emilie Bamford a few minutes later, that drew a fantastic save low down to the keeper’s left.

Wycombe had a further chance on 40 minutes, when an indirect free kick was shot over by Amy Norfolk.

The remainder of the half was played mainly in the middle third, with both teams trying to play but  both defences holding firm.

Half-time: Milton Keynes City 2-0 Wycombe Wanderers

The Chairgirls came out for the second half looking to hit back straight away. However, spirits were dampened with only five minutes of the half gone, when a mix up at the back gave MK a simple third goal.

The remainder  of the game was fast-moving football, from one end to the other.  Sally Grimm, working hard down the wing, provided a shooting chance for Hollie Carter on 55 minutes; Amy Norfolk after rounding three defenders could not convert her shot on 65 minutes, and Sally Grimm shot over the bar, after earning her own shooting opportunity on 67 minutes.

Wycombe were reminded of MK’s attacking ability on 70 minutes, when Eames was required to smother an attack, and then again, a few minutes later, being forced to make another great save.

Wycombe continued to try to get a goal back but were unsuccessful.

Full-time: Milton Keynes City 3-0 Wycombe Wanderers

Advertisement block