Wycombe Wanderers are humbled by the generosity shown by a significant number of season ticket and individual match ticket holders from the 2019/20 season, who have contacted the club to express their wish to waive any rebate or refund of their ticket due to the early cancellation of the season.
The club have taken the decision to allocate the funds from this gesture towards Gareth Ainsworth’s playing budget for the 2020/21 season, and now ask all ticket holders to choose how they would prefer to settle the balance.
If you purchased a ticket for a fixture that wasn’t fulfilled (this applies to home and away games, as all funds for away games have been held by WWFC):
There is no need to contact the club; you will receive an automated email from TicketCo in the coming days with the following options to process your refund:
- Waive the refund, with the full amount being allocated to the playing budget
- Receive the equivalent ticket value via a gift voucher to be redeemed at WWFC fixtures next season (on any item sold via the TicketCo platform, excluding cup matches)
- Receive a refund for half the value of the ticket, with the remaining half donated to the playing budget
- Receive a refund for the full value of ticket (minus a small processing fee)
Click here to complete a short survey to indicate your preference from the following option:
- Waive the refund, with the full amount being allocated to the playing budget. Supporters who select this option will be contacted by the club to express our appreciation for this gesture
- Receive 50% of a pro-rata refund for the four remaining home games which weren’t fulfilled
- Receive a pro-rata refund for the four remaining home games which weren’t fulfilled
Chairman Rob Couhig said: “We have made no secret of the financial challenges that have been posed by the suspension of the season and the subsequent loss of revenue which continues to hinder the day-to-day operation. I learned quickly after becoming involved with the club last summer that this club has a very special group of supporters and we have been touched by the number of fans who have demonstrated their willingness to see the club ride through this storm, by waiving any refunds and asking that that money is spent on continuing the club’s forward progress on the pitch. On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to thank everyone who has pledged their support in this way. You have played a big part in helping Wycombe Wanderers through one of its toughest periods.
“Equally we understand that the pandemic has had a real impact on the lives of many people whose health and jobs have been negatively affected, and the financial burden that comes with it means that they need to recoup money that they spent on tickets for matches that sadly couldn’t take place. Our ticket office are happy to assist in arranging refunds or tickets for alternative matches in the future.
“This is an exciting time as we look ahead to the play-offs and the start of a new season, with season tickets ready to go on sale in the coming days. While it is a great shame that the 2019/20 season could not be completed in a regular fashion on the pitch, the Worldwide Wycombe Wanderers Phenomenon continues to show its strength of character and we hope to be able to open the doors to Adams Park to our fans again this autumn.”
The club would like to thank supporters in advance for their patience when claiming any refunds, due to the manual processes involved and the limited staffing numbers currently in operation at the stadium. We ask that all enquiries are sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than by phone.