After we opened our new Memory Lane feature to popular acclaim with an exclusive video on the life and times of Brian Lee at Wycombe in the 1970s, we move on to life at Loakes Park in the 1980s. Thanks to the Wanderers Ex-Players Association, who in the last decade have helped to keep memories alive of former heroes, we show two videos combined into one which highlight that era in the club’s fortunes and can remind supporters young and old of past highlights.
Over the next few months, we’ll be spotlighting some of the club’s great moments and greatest characters. Via our club You Tube Channel, catch up on some previous Glory Days. This Double Bill features the 1980s Season by Season Review and then a reminder of three special Local Heroes.
- Bodger & Mask. An affectionate reminder of two of the club’s great names of the 1960s & 70s - Tony Horseman, scorer of an unbelievable 558 goals in 939 matches and teammate John Maskell who kept them out at the other end in a 16-year career as first choice goalkeeper.
- Loakes Park Life – a potted history of the club’s 90 years at their famous old ground. Spot the faces from the Frank Adams & Reggie Boreham to Dave Carroll & Keith Ryan.
- The Big Move. Controversy over the switch from Loakes Park to Adams Park and the early glories of the 90s under Martin O’Neill.
- 2001 Cup heroics. A reminder of the fairytale journey of Lawrie Sanchez’s Blues to the semi-final of the FA Cup. All the drama & every
- A Decade to Remember. Wycombe Ex-Players Association review their first ten action-packed years celebrating the Wanderers’ greatest successes.
- The night Mourinho came to town. A look back at the outstanding League Cup run of 2007 which ended with Paul Lambert’s Blues locking horns with Jose’s all-star Chelsea outfit.
- Jack Tomlin and the Boys of the 50s. An affectionate look back to the FA Amateur Cup heroes.
And so many more magic moments to come…………