Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Chairgirls make FA Cup progress

Ladies defeat Regent Park Rangers 3-0 in FA Cup.

24 September 2019

PRiME Media Images
Emma Newberry

The Chairgirls made the journey to south west London on Sunday in the FA Cup first round qualifying round to meet Regents Park Rangers.

A scrappy first half resulted in the Chairgirls taking the lead in the 38th minute through a cross-shot from Emma Newberry. That was the highlight of the first half.

The second half started brightly with an improvement in possession resulting in more scoring opportunities for the visitors. The first opportunity of the second half was taken well by Samantha Jackson who unleashed a volley from 20 yards past the flailing attempts of the home keeper.

Most of the game was now being played in the Regents Park half and a foul around 35 yards out from goal was punished by Katie Hudson in the 58th minute to extend the lead to three without reply.

Wycombe continued to push the tempo of the game and to make their passes more telling than in the first 45 minutes. Chances came but not taken by several players but the result was not in doubt despite the best efforts of the hosts.

Not the best performance by the team but a positive result and a clean sheet ensures that the Chairgirls have booked their place in the next round, a stage further than last season, and will face either Whyteleafe or Worthing at home whose tie is yet to be played. The second round qualifying will be played on 6th October.

This coming Sunday is a return to league action and finds the Chairgirls on the road again making the trip down the M40 to face Oxford City.

Meanwhile, the Under 18s drew 0-0 with Chesham United this weekend, as Sam Hayward reports...

An exciting 0-0 as you'll see played out at the ASM Stadium in Thame on Saturday morning as the under 18s of Wycombe Wanderers Ladies and Chesham United Ladies couldn't quite find a winner between them. 

Starting strongly, the Chairgirls enjoyed their fair share of possession in what was a busy first half with few chances, Kiyana Fryer coming close for Wycombe after good work by Bridget Harrington on the right hand side.

The second half started with a period of pressure from Chesham that Wycombe did well to shut out with Amy Whale producing a fantastic save to keep the scores level, before the Blues took control of the final 20 minutes. Fryer again calling on the Chesham keeper to produce a good save and Milly Crombie very nearly rifling the winner late on. 

0-0 doesn't tell half the story!

Advertisement block