An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to lead our Conferencing and Hospitality team at Wycombe Wanderers Football Club.
We are recruiting for a Conference and Events Manager, with a salary of £22,000-£27,000 (depending on experience) plus bonuses.
- Overall management and running of conferencing, hospitality and functions
- Training and maintaining standards
- Event management
- Actively promoting Adams Park Conference Centre and converting sales from site visits
- Departmental rotas and control of costs
- Stock control
- Essential to have the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and thorough
- Outstanding attention to detail, encouraging a culture of high standards throughout the team
- Ability to deliver a warm and charming management style which will engage all guests and fellow employees
- Develop a motivated and high performing team committed to delivering clear goals
- Support the delivery of business strategies
- Previous experience of working in catering in a similar environment along with knowledge and experience of revenue and cost management
- Actively look to develop the product, the team and the guest experience
Overall you will have bags of personality, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. Relevant hotel/conferencing/hospitality experience, and running a busy team, is essential. Applicant must have a hands-on approach.
Expected to work on home match days, weekends and evenings.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme after completing probationary period
- Annual leave entitlement increase after one year
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to well being portal, 24/7 helpline and support to provide well-being services, legal support
- Time in lieu
- Gym membership after completing probationary period
- A great place to work with an ambitious and welcoming team
Please apply summarising why you wish to apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday June 21st.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Wycombe Wanderers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure;
- Wycombe Wanderers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Any personal data that you provide to Wycombe Wanderers Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
- We will keep your personal information for three months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us at click apply.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.