Wycombe Wanderers Football Club are seeking a Commercial Sales Executive to join the team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for business development and sales within the areas of matchday hospitality, official club events, advertising and conferencing solutions to the local and regional market. A key part of the role will be developing the 1887 Business Club network for commercial partners.
It is essential that you will be highly motivated, organised and target driven. You will be able to demonstrate proven sales success and you’ll enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
We are looking for candidates who have gained experience in a commercial sales environment, preferably within business to business. Sales experience within a corporate hospitality, advertising, leisure industry or events would be advantageous.
- Focus on outbound tele sales and proactive new business acquisition
- Securing new hospitality bookings (both seasonal and casual)
- Selling advertising solutions to local and regional businesses
- Converting sales opportunities from in-bound enquiries
- Must be able to work all home matchdays
- Attend appropriate specific events to network and develop new leads
- Full data management of sales process capturing and recording all outgoing and incoming calls and outcomes
- Accountable for ensuring all sales are delivered to our high standards
- Proven track record of B2B sales including cold-calling
- Telesales experience - ideally within advertising, media, conferences, hospitality, sponsorship or recruitment
- Proven ability to close commercial partnership deals
- Excellent presentational skills and ability to persuade and influence face to face and over the phone with credible business content
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to quickly build trust and relationships
- An ability and a natural instinct to identify bonafide leads and focus on prospects where the interest and the chance of success is genuine
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to work quickly and precisely, multi-task, and respond to a variety of needs, sometimes under pressure
- Sales and delivery focused – but not at the expense of brand integrity or company values
- Well-presented with a confident, outgoing personality
- Ambition to learn and grow with the Commercial Team on a long term basis
Salary from £23-£25k with bonus structure to supplement high performers.
This exciting role also has career progression to management for the successful candidate.
Applicant must have a hands-on approach.
Expected to work on home match days, weekends and evenings.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to well being portal, 24/7 helpline and support to provide well-being services, legal support
- Time in lieu
- Gym membership after completing probationary period
- A great place to work with an ambitious and welcoming team
Please apply summarising why you would succeed in this role to apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday June 21st 5pm
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Wycombe Wanderers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure;
- Wycombe Wanderers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Any personal data that you provide to Wycombe Wanderers Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
- We will keep your personal information for three months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.