Wycombe Wanderers are thrilled to re-launch the 500 Club for a third time, giving supporters the opportunity to contribute to the club’s playing budget for the 2019/20 season.
Following the announcement last month of a reduced budget for the forthcoming campaign, the Chairboys have been inundated with expressions of interest from supporters who are keen to put their hands in their pockets to support manager Gareth Ainsworth in his preparations for the big kick-off.
The 500 Club has previously raised more than £100,000 to be spent on new players, contributing to deals for Scott Kashket, Dominic Gape and Sam Saunders in the 2016/17 campaign, and Wanderers hope to generate another six-figure sum via donations from fans, in return for exclusive events, prizes and other rewards.
Here’s how it works:
- Supporters are asked to commit to £20 per month for 12 months via the Go Cardless direct debit scheme* by clicking here or below:
- Fans can also contribute one-off sums of £240 (or more) via a direct debit with Go Cardless or by making a debit or credit card payment of the sum of your choice (please note that a minimum contribution of £240 is required to receive full 500 Club benefits). This can be arranged by phone on 01494 472100 or by visiting the shop during office hours (10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
- Wanderers have been experiencing technical difficulties in arranging an online debit/credit card payment option with WorldPay and continue to seek a solution as soon as possible.
- Each 500 Club member will receive a plaque in their name, identical to those displayed in the changing room above each player’s booth.
- The club will also distribute spot prizes to members at various fundraising milestones; the sooner you join, the greater the chance of your name being pulled from the hat!
- Once you've joined up, you'll receive a welcome email within 1-2 working days, with confirmation of your 500 Club membership, and instructions of how to arrange your changing room plaque.
Chairman Trevor Stroud explained: “It has been just over a month since the curtain fell on our successful first season back in League 1, where we retained our third-tier status in front of our largest base of season ticket holders in a decade. Now we want to build on that success for the future.
“The bigger picture of the future of the football club revolves around its ownership structure and the required funding to take Wycombe Wanderers forward. We are continuing discussions with several interested parties and will continue to update members whenever we have new information that we are able to share.
“However, for the club and Trust, together with its supporters and members, it is very much business as usual. The battle to remain sustainable as a League 1 club comes with many challenges and we find ourselves in a particularly testing time financially. Last month, regrettably, we were forced to reduce the playing budget by a significant amount, which will again require us to punch well above our financial weight next season. Fortunately, we have the best possible man for the job to create something far greater than the sum of its parts and Gareth Ainsworth will continue to lead this club forward as we take the next step following the successful completion of his five-year plan.
“Together, we want to support the playing staff as best we can, and we know there are many fans who are able and willing to contribute financially to help us compete to the very best of our potential on the pitch each matchday. With that, we hope that fans will come on board once again by joining the 500 Club, and help to provide the funds for Gareth to keep this squad as strong as possible as we look ahead to the new season.
“On behalf of everyone at the club, thank you in advance for your contributions, and we ensure your support is recognised and rewarded as we celebrate the fantastic dedication shown to Wycombe Wanderers by the very people who are the lifeblood of the club – you, the fans.”
Wanderers would like to thank the Trust, Ex-Players Association, Fans Council, Official Supporters Association and Independent Supporters Club, who have all backed this initiative.
** 500 Club members are invited to bring up to three guests to the Fixture Release Day breakfast, at a charge of £5 per guest, to be paid in cash on arrival