Wycombe Wanderers have an exciting new opportunity to join the team at Adams Park as Bar Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing all event bars across the stadium.
They will be expected to deliver the best products using a team of casual staff and effectively manage and deliver challenging gross profit targets along with excellent customer service.
About Adams Park:
Working for Wycombe Wanderers Football club means you are part of a unique sports and conference business.
The 10,000 seater stadium is at the heart of the community in providing a great friendly family day out. It is also a major conference and events centre in Buckinghamshire hosting many events from dinners, weddings, parties and business conferences.
Wycombe Wanderers Football Club is a trust owned club and the team of staff take great pride in all working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in managing multiple event bars at any one time.
They will have an excellent knowledge of all liquor/bar products and have an in-depth understanding of how to manage bars front and back of house.
Our ideal candidate with have experience in managing a team of casual staff as well as experience in line managing permanent employees.
They will have a passion for developing staff to ensure the highest quality service is given and will have an understanding of managing gp and payroll costs.
- Stock controller
- Hiring and manage casual staff
- Developing and delivering training programme to ensure fantastic customer service and deliver upselling techniques
- Enhancing the products on offer through supplier relationships
- Surprise and delight our fans and clients through ‘out the box thinking’
- Manage all set up and break down of bars for any event or match day.
- Hit gross profit targets monthly
- Deliver on set payroll targets
- To ensure all health and safety and EHO standards are met to the highest standard at all times
- To work alongside the Conferencing, Hospitality and catering team to ensure all functions run smoothly
What you need to be successful:
- To bring an infectious enthusiasm to the workplace
- To be knowledgeable on all bar products
- To have proven experience of managing event bars
- To be able to work flexible shift patterns
- To have aspirations to go beyond the advertised role
- Experience in managing gross profit figures
- Ability to stay cool under pressure
- Some people management experience
- Personal License
- Driving License
- To have worked in a similar role previously.
- To have worked as a manager for 2 years
If you would like to apply, please email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of 'Bar Manager' in the subject header. Applications close: Wednesday 24th October 2018, 5pm.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.