Wycombe Wanderers have issued a long-term ban to a supporter who was found to have used racist language in a public area close to the stadium following the recent FA Cup tie at Solihull Moors.
While the fan has shown remorse for his actions, which were carried out whilst in a highly intoxicated state, the club will not tolerate discrimination of any form and urge anyone who witnesses such behaviour to report it to the club via the channels listed below.
Meanwhile, the club will also be issuing a three-year banning order to a supporter who was found to be in possession of a pyrotechnic device at Adams Park ahead of Saturday’s game against Crawley Town.
The fan was stopped and searched by stewards and Thames Valley Police after attempting to enter the Vere Suite in an intoxicated state, and was later arrested for drunkenness and possession of a pyrotechnic device.
Visitors to Adams Park who experience or witness any form of anti-social behaviour on a matchday are encouraged to use the club’s Anti-Social Text Service below:
1) Text the following to 07438350176
- Race (if offender’s behaviour is racist)
- HPH (if offender’s behaviour is homophobic)
- Foul (if offender’s behaviour is foul)
- Stand (if offender is persistently standing in seated areas)
- Smoke (if offender is smoking)
- Sexism (if offender’s behaviour is sexist)
2) Give a description
3) Give your location; Block, Row, Seat
Example: Smoke Male Smoking in Block A Row A Seat 1
4) Please make sure you use the correct code word followed by a space then give your description and Block, Row, Seat number.
Alternatively incidents can be reported to stadium manager Gordon Reilly on email@example.com.