Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

20 March 2021 Venue St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

The Big Match Preview: Coventry vs Wycombe

All you need to know.

19 March 2021

Team news and more...

Coventry City vs Wycombe Wanderers
Saturday 20th March 2021, k.o. 3pm GMT
St Andrews (Birmingham)
Sky Bet Championship

It was one of the moments of the season. With 2,000 fans roaring them on, the Chairboys clawed back a two-goal deficit to level the scores and end a wretched run against Coventry with Scott Kashket's last-gasp equaliser.

But then the celebrations were cut short. The flag was up for offside, the Blues lost the game, and those fans were never able to return to play their part in their side's Championship adventure.

That adventure needs an almighty change in fortunes now to continue the story into a second season at this level, with the midweek defeat to Barnsley dampening the enthusiasm that emenated from an impressive 1-0 win over Preston last weekend.

Coventry - who've won all six league meetings between the sides - have only collected four victories since that triumph at Adams Park in December and are also embroiled in a battle against relegation, sitting in 20th place and six points above the dropzone.

WATCH: It's live on iFollow

Last Time Out
Here are the highlights from the Sky Blues' 2-1 win at Adams Park:

Team News
There are no new injuries for Wycombe, with David Wheeler and Jordan Obita the only players occupying the treatment room this week. Jack Grimmer could face his former club.

Coventry lost an appeal against Kyle McFadzean's red card in the midweek defeat to Luton so he'll be absent through suspension.

Wanderers will be in their red and white change strip.

Man in the Middle
Tony Harrington has shown 82 yellow cards and four reds in his 29 games so far this season; he's overseen five Wanderers fixtures in his career, including the 4-1 play-off semi-final win at Fleetwood in July, and a 3-2 defeat at Coventry in 2017, awarding a penalty to both sides.

How to Watch
Click here to buy your match pass to watch on iFollow.

COVvWYC iFollow TW.png

Wyc Picks
You could win up to £500 by predicting the outcomes of various events in the game, and it doesn't cost a penny to join! Click here to sign up to Wyc Picks, our brand-new app.

Wyc Picks Web.jpg


Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Coventry 0-0 Wycombe

A goalless draw at St. Andrew's.

20 March 2021

The Wanderers picked up a point against Coventry, in a game of very few clear-cut chances at St. Andrew’s.

In a quiet first half, most of the action came in the opening minutes as David Stockdale was called into action to stop Maxime Biamou’s effort after the Coventry striker found himself one-on-one.

After the break, it took until the final stages of the second half for any action of note. It coincided with the introduction of Fred Onyedinma as the winger seemed to be involved in almost everything the Chairboys did when attacking.

He came close to breaking the deadlock forcing the Coventry goalkeeper, Ben Wilson, to parry a shot wide, but it wasn’t enough to separate either side as they settled for a point.

Gareth Ainsworth’s team news revealed three changes from the midweek setback to Barnsley. Anthony Stewart, David Wheeler and Admiral Muskwe returned to the side.

The first chance of the game fell to the home team and Gustavo Hamer. The midfielder was in lots of space, picked out by Fankaty Dabo, but he stuck it wide from the edge of the box within the first minute.

Coventry kept the Chairboys under pressure as Anthony Stewart inadvertently allowed Maxime Biamou through in on goal, but David Stockdale made a fantastic stop to keep out the striker one on one.

Chances in the early stages, for Wycombe, were limited to Joe Jacobson set-pieces. The left-back managed to pick out Ryan Tafazolli at the back post who headed towards Muskwe, but the striker found his shot blocked by a Coventry defender.

After neat build-up between Biamou and Callum O'Hare, the attacking midfielder found himself behind the Wycombe defence where he squared it past Stockdale but unfortunately for Coventry, there wasn't a Sky Blues player in-sight.

As Ainsworth looked to roll the dice, Curtis Thompson was introduced at half-time replacing Wheeler.

Wycombe started the second half with much more energy as Jason McCarthy and Dominic Gape combined nicely with the latter delivering a ball towards Uche Ikpeazu, but Wycombe’s number nine couldn’t reach it.

Anis Mehmeti, who had been kept at a distance in the opening half, was involved right from the start of the second. The twenty-year-old produced a skilful, jinking run to get past two Coventry players however, his shot was blocked at the end of the move.

Following those chances at the start of the second half, the game slowed once more as both sides continued to work each other out.

Fred Onyedinma, Daryl Horgan, Adebayo Akinfenwa and Garath McCleary were introduced with twenty minutes to go, as Wycombe looked to make one final push with full-time approaching.

One of the substitutes, Onyedinma, was involved almost immediately doing well to intercept a Coventry pass, create space and get a shot away at goal with his weaker foot. The winger’s strike forced Sky Blue’s keeper Ben Wilson into his first save of the afternoon.

The home side couldn’t handle Fred Onyedinma with five minutes to go as he nearly got on the end of a Tafazolli flick-on and moments later, Onyedinma put it wide of the post with a first-time strike. Wycombe looked to end the game strongly.

In added time, Coventry nearly wrapped up all three points when substitute Tyler Walker hit a powerful strike, but it went wide and with the game ultimately lacking any clear-cut chances, it finished goalless.

The Chairboys now have a 13-day break between their next fixture at home to Blackburn Rovers.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block