Wycombe Wanderers have a number of exciting opportunities for stewards to join the team, working on all matchdays at Adams Park.
Reporting to the matchday safety officer, the role involves acting in accordance with the general recommendations of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide) and the specific requirements of the Safety Certificate issued by the Local Authority under the Safety of Sports Ground Act 1975.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that you report for duty on time
- Adhere to the Stadium dress code
- Attend pre and post-match briefings, to sign in and out and to determine duties
- Know the location of and be able to operate effectively, if safe to do so, the fire-fighting equipment at the ground
- Know the location of the First Aid Rooms and any First Aid Equipment kept elsewhere in the Stadium
- Be fully conversant with any methods or signals used to alert staff that an Emergency has arisen
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such findings immediately to a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer
- Comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer, the Safety Officer or a Police Officer
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among Spectators, reporting their findings to a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer
- Monitor the Spectators throughout the Stadium for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions
- Prevent overcrowding by ensuring the Spectator limits in various parts of the Stadium are complied with
- Prevent Spectators, as far as possible, from climbing fences and other structures and from standing on seats
- Ensure that gangways and exits are kept clear at all time
To apply to be a steward, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01494 455747.